Sat, Jan 23|
Tip Of Spear Inc
Defensive Tactics (PPCT) WITH BATON: Jan 23rd to 27th 2021. Sat-Wed
This course teaches the dynamics of arrest and control, with handcuffing and baton. Includes certification and recertification options.
Time & Location
Jan 23, 2021, 9:00 a.m. – Jan 27, 2021, 5:00 p.m.
Tip Of Spear Inc, 11217 149 St NW, Edmonton, AB T5M 1W6, Canada
About The Event
The Defensive Tactics course from Human Factors Research Group (HFRG) (formerly known as Pressure Point Control Tactics, or PPCT) is required by most employers before staff is permitted to handle handcuffs, and teaches the mechanics of arrest and control. It is a requirement from the Alberta Solicitor General to take the full 40 hour program to carry a baton. There are 4 options for this course:
1. Handcuffing certification - Saturday to Sunday
2. Handcuffing recertification - Sunday
3. Handcuffing & Baton certification - Saturday to Wednesday
4. Handcuffing & Baton recertification - Monday to Wednesday
Course Day-of Requirements:
- INDOOR Running Shoes / Water Bottle / Snacks.
- Hygiene Expectations for Physical Training.
- Optional - Pen / notepad / Duty Belt-Handcuffs, flashlight, non-cut gloves, Handcuff Key. Physical training clothing. (NO STEEL TOE BOOTS).
This class certifies you for the first time to handle handcuffs. 16 hours / 2 day, on Saturday and Sunday. Price is $189 + GST.$198.45+$4.96 service fee
This class recertifies you to handle handcuffs. 8 hours / 1 day, on Sunday. Price is $98 + GST.$102.90+$2.57 service fee
This class certifies you for the first time to handle handcuffs and baton. 40 hours / 5 day, from Saturday to Wednesday. Price is $389.00 + GST.$408.45+$10.21 service fee
This class recertifies you to handle handcuffs and baton. 24 hours / 3 day, from Monday to Wednesday. Price is $198 + GST.$207.90+$5.20 service fee